With garlic, oregano and tangy goat cheese, this fully loaded chicken and spinach flatbread deliver big bold flavors in every bite.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes (+ 30 minutes standing time)
1 2/3 cups (212 g) Vegscrumptious – Flatbread mix
1 cup 2 oz (280 mL) water
3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
1/4 tsp (1 mL) cider vinegar
Mediterranean Chicken Topping:
1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
10 cups (2.5 L) spinach
1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup (250 mL) shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup (125 mL) roasted red pepper strips
1/2 cup (125 mL) halved grape tomatoes
1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted black olives
1/2 cup (125 mL) goat cheese
2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- Flatbread Dough: Preheat oven to 425˚F (220°C). Stir together water, vegetable oil, eggs and vinegar. Add flatbread mix to stand mixer with paddle attachment; slowly pour in oil mixture. Beat on medium speed for 4 minutes. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide dough into 4 portions; on lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-inch (5 mm) thick ovals. Transfer to parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Mediterranean Chicken Topping: Brush 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil over flatbreads; bake for 8 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook spinach, salt and pepper for about 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Let cool; squeeze out excess moisture.
- Sprinkle flatbreads with oregano. Top with spinach and garlic. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, chicken, red pepper, tomatoes, olives, goat cheese and parsley over top. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Tip: Substitute feta for goat cheese if desired.
Per 1 flatbread (1/4 recipe)
Saturated Fat 13g